Booking a Service
Please contact us at least 2 days beforehand if you need to book a service with us. If you notify us in less than 2 days, we cannot promise the service will be booked.
Rescheduling a Service
If you are going to be unavailable to receive your next regular service and would like your service on another day, we require 2 days’ notice to reschedule.
Unfortunately, if you contact us on the day of your service, there is insufficient time to reschedule so you will have to wait until your next service.
Are you unsure of your service time?
If you are unsure when your service is scheduled, please contact our Aged Care team for help. We can inform you of your permanent roster time and the name of your regular support worker.
If the time is changed by Footprints due to your support worker being unavailable, you will be contacted the day before.
If you have a disability and a lifelong need for ‘attendant care support’ in order to participate in community activities and attend venues, the Companion Card can help you with the costs of getting out and about with the support of a companion.
Companion Card holders receive a second ‘companion’ ticket at no charge at participating venues and on public transport. The ‘companion’ ticket is also exempt from booking fees.
The Companion Card is issued in the name of the person who has a disability, and is valid for 5 years.
A companion is any person who accompanies a cardholder and provides attendant care support. The cardholder’s chosen companion may be a paid or unpaid assistant or carer, family member, friend or partner.
To be eligible for the card, you must:
- be a lawful Australian resident, living in Queensland
- have a disability
- because of the impact of the disability, be unable to participate at most community venues or activities without attendance care support
- need, or be likely to need, lifelong attendant care support
To apply, search the following link and complete the forms attached and follow directions given.
Alternatively, you can phone 137 468 for more information.
Taxi Subsidy Scheme
The Taxi Subsidy Scheme (TSS) is a Queensland Government initiative designed to improve the mobility and quality of life for Queenslanders with a disability by providing access to affordable taxi travel. A subsidy of half the total taxi fare, up to a maximum subsidy of $25 per trip will be paid by the Queensland Government for people with severe disabilities.
TSS pays half the value of a member’s taxi fare, up to a maximum fare of $50. There is no limit on the number of taxi journeys a member may take to attract the subsidy. The subsidy is paid to taxi drivers—members have no additional costs.
TSS membership lasts for a maximum of 5 years. To extend your membership, you must reapply before the expiry date.
If you have a temporary disability, 6 to 12 month memberships are available.
To be eligible you must be a permanent resident of Queensland and fully meet at least 1 of the 6 eligibility criteria listed below:
- Physical disability requiring dependence on a wheelchair for all mobility outside the home.
- Severe ambulatory problem that cannot functionally be improved and restricts walking to an extremely limited distance.
- Total loss of vision or severe visual impairment (both eyes).
- Severe and uncontrollable epilepsy with seizures involving loss of consciousness.
- Intellectual impairment or dementia resulting in the need to be accompanied by another person at all times for travel on public transport.
- Severe emotional and/or behaviour disorders with a level of disorganisation resulting in the need to be accompanied by another person at all times for travel on public transport.
To apply, phone 1300 134 755 or search the following link: https://www.qld.gov.au/disability/out-and-about/subsidies-concessions-passes/taxi-subsidy